Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Babies (AKA Dowey's)

A few people would think of this as voodoo. I guess I think of it as voodoo too. But good voodoo. The kinda voodoo that really means you love somebody.

Each doll is a Vogue Ginny Doll (unless obviously otherwise) made between 1984-1991. The original doll, which is a small version of myself, was given to me by my Grandmother when I was young. Upon finding the doll in storage after I had gone off to college, I was delighted to feel a sense of nostalgia to her. I saw the doll as a little me. With the help of ebay, the story of the dolls began....




Photobucket

Giulia Gurun



Photobucket

Stephanie Guasp


Photobucket

Emily Thompson



Photobucket


Sonya Katcher


Photobucket

Laura Strand


Photobucket

Alison Cascio


Photobucket

Kimberley Grant


Photobucket


Lauren Emma Graham


Photobucket


Katie Jo Dallinger


Photobucket

Self: Camilla Gurun


Photobucket


Gea Gurun


Photobucket

Noemi Suna Ruben and Nico Giuliano Ruben



Photobucket

David Corey Leavitt



Photobucket


Alessandra Pisano



Photobucket

Mimi (Quynh-Mi Le)

2 comments: